This is the preliminary (or launch) version of the 2023-2024 VCU Bulletin. This edition includes all programs
and courses approved by the publication deadline; however we may receive notification of additional program
approvals after the launch. The final edition and full PDF version will include these updates and will be available
in August prior to the beginning of the fall semester.
The minor in biomedical engineering may be completed by any student with an interest in the subject. The minor will aid in preparing students for work in related medical fields or for graduate study in biomedical engineering.
|EGRB 102||Introduction to Biomedical Engineering||3|
|EGRB 209||Applied Physiology for Biomedical Engineers||4|
|Select an additional 11 credits in biomedical engineering courses 1||11|
All courses required for the minor must be completed with a minimum grade of C.
Up to nine credits of comparable course work may be substituted with prior approval from the undergraduate coordinator. Pre-approved courses that will substitute within the minor are as follows:
- EGRB 102 may be satisfied by introduction to engineering courses from other engineering majors.
- EGRB 209 may be satisfied by a p hysiology course from other VCU departments.
- EGRB 203 may be satisfied by EGMN 102 and EGMN 202.
- EGRB 303 may be satisfied by CLSE 301 or EGMN 301.
- EGRE 206 may satisfy four credits toward the minor.