VCU Transform is a living-learning program dedicated to the development of current and future leaders through academic course work and cocurricular activities. The vision of VCU Transform is to cultivate servant leaders who transform lives and impact communities locally and globally.
Certificate of completion
Students who are accepted into VCU Transform will develop their skills and knowledge over the course of the two-year program through a prescribed balance of activities and experiences. Students fulfilling the following requirements will be recognized by receiving a Certificate of Completion in Leadership Studies and Experiential Learning.
- Live in the designated living-learning community residence hall for all years of the program
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA while enrolled in VCU Transform
- Achieve a minimum 2.5 GPA in required VCU Transform courses (REAL 300, REAL 301, REAL 310, REAL 400 and REAL 401)
- Complete a minimum of 60 co-curricular hours as defined by the Transform program
- Complete an immersive experiential learning pathway in one of six areas including: internships, study abroad, undergraduate research, peer leadership, community engagement and entrepreneurship
- Submit a culminating e-portfolio
- Deliver a final symposium presentation/demonstration of learning
- Participate in LLP special events
- Program orientation
- Program completion
- Others as deemed necessary by the LLP leadership
The certificate of completion includes an academic component consisting of nine to 12 credit hours of course work to be completed during the two-year VCU Transform program.
|REAL 300||Principles of Community-engaged Leadership||3|
|REAL 301||Leadership Identity and Intercultural Competence||3|
|REAL 310||Pathways to Experiential Learning (or external course) 1||1|
|REAL 400||Career Management||1|
|REAL 401||Capstone Seminar||1|
Must be taken before spring semester of second year.