Students who are classified as graduate students will be eligible for federal financial aid only if they are enrolled at least half time in courses that can be applied toward their graduate degree. The Office of Financial Aid will identify all graduate students who have applied for financial aid but have registered for less than half-time graduate course work in any given semester. If the undergraduate course work for which the student has registered is considered preparatory to the graduate degree, documentation must be provided by the student’s adviser or program representative to verify which undergraduate courses are required. In these cases, the student will be eligible for federal financial aid, but it will be based on the fifth-year undergraduate loan limits. Students who have been admitted to a dual-degree program can take any amount of required undergraduate course work and will still be eligible for graduate loan limits.