Applicants to graduate programs must submit all requested information in their application and be reviewed by their anticipated programs. To be admitted, an applicant must be approved by the program, the associate dean for graduate education and VCU Admissions. Although most programs will have additional and/or more specific admissions criteria, the minimum requirements for applicants admitted to advanced degree programs in the School of Medicine are:
- A bachelor’s, master’s or equivalent degree in a field relevant to their anticipated graduate program
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in their training leading to their prior degree(s)
- Communication skills deemed satisfactory by each program
- For applicants for whom English is not their native language or for whom the instruction for their prior academic degree was not in English, a TOEFL score of 100 or an IELTS score of 6.5
- Appropriate GRE or other test scores as determined by each program (if required)
- Appropriate experience as determined by each program
Applicants that withhold information about their prior training or provide misleading information will not be offered admission or will have their admission offer rescinded by the program, the associate dean for graduate education or VCU Admissions.