All students are expected to maintain satisfactory academic progress. Satisfactory academic progress consists of
- Maintaining a cumulative graduate GPA ≥ 3.0
- Exclusively receiving final grades of A, B, C, P or S in all course work
- Securing a permanent adviser (if required by the program)
- Passing all comprehensive examinations, thesis and/or dissertation defenses attempted
- Meeting all program requirements in a timely fashion
- Following all VCU, Graduate School, School of Medicine and program guidelines
All students are reviewed twice annually by their graduate program. A student who is not making satisfactory academic progress can be considered for dismissal from their program.